Books Published During this Time:( titles link to books in other website sections)
- 1999 - Angels Ride Bikes and other Fall Poems (Illustrated)
- 1999 - Honoring Our Ancestors: Stories and Pictures by 14 Artists (Anthology)
- 1999 - Amigos Inseparables (Illustrated)
- 1998 - From the Bellybutton of the Moon and other Summer Poems (Illustrated)
- 1998 - Face Toward the Sky (Illustrated)
- 1997 - Just Like Me: Stories and Self-Portraits by 14 Artists (Anthology)
- 1997 - Laughing Tomatoes and other Spring Poems (Illustrated)
- 1996 - I Come From Two Lands (Illustrated)
- 1996 - The Crying Mountain (Illustrated)
- 1996 - Prietita and the Ghost Woman (Illustrated)
This time period was very much about owning my cultural identity and continued with the themes of multidimensional reality and the expansion of consciousness that I began working with in 1986-93.
I moved to San Francisco to paint full time in 1994 and was deeply affected by living in an area where I was visible as Chicana and queer.
In 1996 I became sick through a negligent screen printing incident for the print The Pomegranate. Although unknown at the time, this resulted in heavy metal poisoning which was to dramatically change my health and my life for the next 10 years.